vineyard was founded by monks who moved into the monastery in Wolf
in 1478. The
wine cellar for producing and storing the wine was built in the village
instead of the surroundings of the church. The construction of the
cellar began in 1488.
In 1557 during the reformation the confraternity was broken down and
the protestant church was founded. They continued the vineyard from
that moment on. The
todays church of Wolf was built on the old cellar in 1685.
The Kirchengut Wolf possesses the only wine cellar under a church
known up to now.